Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Premier Post...Welcome to our blog

It's finally here. Our first post. The decision was made recently to start our own blog. It came about as we started our last guild project, reproducing the Underground Railroad Quilt. We will be adding photos of our members interpretation of this quilt. Each member has chosen her own fabrics. When completed these quilts will be a lasting treasure for each member. We met last night and almost everyone there had a block or two completed. I apologize to the members that, all the excitement, I didn't take note of which block belong to which member. However, I hope you enjoy the following pictures.

Also, please note that the members of another quilting group from Jerusalem, Israel is joining us in reproducing this quilt. Their blog address is  http://zahavaquilters.blogspot.com  They would love it if you would visit their site and see what the ladies are doing.











Sandy is that you hiding behind that block.?

Our guild secretary Elaine with her Bear Claws block

Elaine with the Churn Dash block

4 comments:

  1. Very, very nice. I like seeing all the blocks the ladies are making.
    Etty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see your new blog, Roxanne! I'm part of the group in Israel and I have made three of the blocks. I'm making them miniature, each block being three inches. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. I have my own blog, but I've taken a summer break from posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea to start the blog for your guild and share your work , love the blocks and good luck .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks are great. I haven't started mine yet but I hope to do so soon. Shifra G. from Israel

    ReplyDelete